So, Um, Hi...

Give me a second to blow the dust off of this blog.

OK. That's better.

So, are you still here? Anyone still with me? I'm not abandoning this blog, I swear. I just haven't been able to write. I don't know why. I have a lot to say, I just haven't been able to say it. Sigh.

Let me get you all caught up with my life. Not too much has changed, really. I am still not smoking. I'm also off of the patch! So, no more icky nicotine in my system. I'm pretty crazy happy and proud of myself, really. I did it.

I've taken up running. Well, sort of. You know I have been talking about it for, like, EVER. I mostly just walk, because I'm kind of sucky with the whole running thing at this point. I should follow the couch to 5k thing I have been wanting to follow, but for right now I am just doing it for me. I don't want anything to follow or stick with, I want to go out with just myself and my music, and walk. Run when I can. Try to run more each time. But at the very least, walk.

I haven't been going to the gym as much, I blame the nice weather. Who wants to be stuck indoors in a stuffy, sweaty, boring old gym when you can be in the sun, walking or running under the endless blue sky? Not me. I am going to the gym tomorrow night, for kickboxing that I have missed the past few weeks. MIGHT stay for the yoga class afterward. We'll see how I feel. Don't want to overdo it, but I have been wanting to really get back into the yoga thing.

I've been reading some books about Zen Buddhism. I love the concept. Might have to read more.

I've been practicing playing my guitar... and got a NEW guitar! It's pink and sparkly and beautiful and I love it. Acoustic. I suck at playing, but I love it.

So, that's life in a nutshell. I guess. I really, really need to write more often.

Happy, Happy, Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful Mama's out there <3
 

9 comments:

    On May 9, 2010 at 9:41 PM Anonymous said...

    congrats on still not smoking! i think its safe to say you officially quit!

    ive never been a runner either. ive tried, but i really just HATE it. i love walking though and i try to take an evening walk at least 3 nights a week. i do it for the exercise, and just to get out and away from the house for a bit. i al ways feel like im in a better mood when i come back.

     

    CONGRATS!!! That is very awesome!! : ) The no smoking and running thing both! : ) I used to run, and love it. But it is hard to get back into. You're smart for doing what works for you.

    Happy Mothers Day!

     

    I'm glad you're still here! I guess I should get my butt in gear and dust off my blog as well... I have REALLY been slacking in that department. CONGRATS on the no smoking, you rock!

     
    On May 11, 2010 at 12:58 AM Anonymous said...

    Congrats, that is major that you are off smoking. Enjoying the exercise is probably easier when you do it your way, the way that works for you. Yay.

    Welcome back.

     

    first of all, belated happy mother's day to you, too...i've been so absent from my own blog (for similar reasons about having too much on my mind, not able to get the words, too private, etc. you talked about) so again we can relate on many things even if the specifics differ considerably. i was thinking about you today since i haven't visited others' blogs in forever and saw you came back on after a similar absence time! let's motivate one another to be more active on here! congrats on smoke-free, more time outdoors, and guitars...i just acquired one and hope to learn some basic chords on youtube or something as i've always wanted to learn how to play...maybe someday we can sing together? :)

    literally and figuratively of course...

     

    Nice to see your words. Blog for the beauty, not for the burden.

    Enjoy your days, your ways.

    (I feel very fortune-cookie-esque today.)

     

    I just quit smoking again myself...and hubby is working on it.

    Speaking of blogs being neglected...mine too! Ugh. I don't want to neglect it, I just keep forgetting to update. *sigh*

     

    Really pleased you've stuck at the smoking thing, that's awesome!

    We need pics of the guitar - mine is pink, but sadly not sparkly :(

    I hope all is well with you. Obviously it would be great to see you here more often, but blogging should be a pleasure, not a chore. You'll get back into it when it feels right.

    ((Big hugs))

     

    Happy Belated Mother's Day too!
    First visit, so read a few posts. Sounds like you are amazing to quit smoking, dealing with your sister and keeping fit. Take care of yourself first so that you will be healthy and available for your family.
    Blogging is so easy; in the early morning (or night if that is better for you), I put a few thoughts on a new post, maybe upload a few photos and do this most every time I am on the computer, like a journal. Save them in draft and if it means something to you the next time you review the drafts, add the finishing touches and post (or schedule the post). I have to do it that way as with a little one running around I don't have long times sitting at the computer. It should be fun! Plus I use ours blog as a family photo album so make it into a book. It depends on your purpose for your blog.
    Have fun playing your guitar, it takes lessons and lots of practice the first year or two learning (no sucking, enjoy!).... you can do it!

    Alyzabeth's Mommy