Who is this Java Mama, Anyway?

I have been away from the world of blogging for a while now, so I figured I might as well start over, introduce myself! Some of you may remember me from my old blog, "Not Another Mom Blog!" that was, indeed, another mom blog.

The basics are: My name is Mandy, I just turned 30 (eeep!), I am married and I have a 9 year old daughter named Maya. Yes, I was young when I had her... 20. She is my whole world, and a pretty awesome kid if I do say so myself!





Maya is quite the goofball! She is in 3rd grade, loves to draw, color, read, loves puzzles and music, has her own guitar and drum set, loves to play outdoors, does really (really!) well in school, and even went to a Social Distortion concert with her dad. Yep, she is that cool.

My hubby is Brian. 34 years old, an amazing father, my best friend. Lover of punk music, hockey, and video games.



As for me, Well... I am hopelessly addicted to coffee and books and photography, I have 5 tattoos and small stud in my nose, I work part time in the photo lab of a local camera shop, I am a freelance news photographer for a few local papers, I love an assortment of music, I am very liberal in my politics, I am not a morning person, I love Lomography, scrapbooking (though I haven't done that in a while), roller coasters, I have always wanted to learn how to fly and have a deep admiration for Amelia Earhart.



And I love my pink Chucks :)

I'm not always the most interesting blogger. I don't claim to be some amazing writer, or overly if at all witty. Mostly you will get tid bits of my daily life, lots of photos, typical crap like that. I love the blogging community and I love interaction, so hopefully you will keep coming back! Please don't hesitate to leave me comments or follow me!
 

10 comments:

    Welcome back...

    I've got tattoos, a nose piercing, my lip pierced (hehe) and my blog now is a mix too after I spent two years focusing entirely on just blogging about the day to day lives of my kids. I just started a new blog in January to get a fresh start.

     

    hi mandy, i found you on NABLOPOMO...i felt we had much in common just reading your latest post...i LOVE photography and envy you get paid to do it...not a morning person, drink lots of coffee (incidentally there is a mommy focused coffee shop here in san diego with the name java mama), agree with your last paragraph about what my blog is about...i, too, took a hiatus and came back to blogging and have committed to this month...i am now following you so i look forward to learning more about you...

     
    On February 1, 2010 at 6:48 PM Anonymous said...

    welcome back, my friend!!!

     

    Hi Mandy,

    I have always wanted to fly as well. My parents just offered to send hubby and I to flight school, as a Christmas present.

    Nablopomo is a great way to meet new people and I am glad to have met you! Good luck with it. I wanted to do the 365 project and even signed up for it on Flickr, then chickened out.

    I love your pictures and have you blogmarked!

     

    Nice to meet you. I don't have any tattoos, but I'd love to have my eyelids done. I haven't found a mascara I can wear and my eyes look so washed out without makeup.
    You have a terrific family, I'm a grandmother now, mothering was my favorite and most challenging thing I ever did.
    XD

     

    Welcome back :) Thanks for your visit! :)

     

    I live in a small Kansas town and I love it but I have trouble finding moms i can relate to. Its nice to see a rockstar mom who loves her fam, but has an awesome identity outside of just small talking about playgroups.

    Its nice to expand my circle of friends. I will drink my cup of joe while checking out your posts about life, and Maya (my 8 year old with the same name but spelled Miah).

    Good to know you.

     

    I live in a small Kansas town and I love it but I have trouble finding moms i can relate to. Its nice to see a rockstar mom who loves her fam, but has an awesome identity outside of just small talking about playgroups.

    Its nice to expand my circle of friends. I will drink my cup of joe while checking out your posts about life, and Maya (my 8 year old with the same name but spelled Miah).

    Good to know you.

     

    Nice to meet ya : ) I too love coffee, books and photography! Had my first when I was 19 too : ) I look forward to reading more, and seeing more from your 365Project (I'm doing it too! : )

     

    Nice to meet you Mandy! Thanks for stopping by and following my blog! I love your photography! I have another blog (you can get to it from the blog you are following that is more of my photography, and I am doing a Project 365 at http://365project.org/makasper/365. I am being as random here as I was in my post!
    Do you know KLA Custome Jewelry? Kristen has a blog too, but she makes hand stamped jewelry and I have one that says Java Mama with a coffee bean! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=36788112
    I look forward to following you! Now I need to go figure out something to photograph for today. I haven't left the house!!!