Today is my LAST DAY as a smoker, EVER.


On the shopping list for today? Nicotine patches, chewing gum, very strong mints, carrot sticks, a stress ball.

Yes, I am taking the plunge. Tonight before bed I will smoke my very last cigarette. Tomorrow, I will wake up in the morning and put on a patch.

some have told me I am making too many changes at once, and I will overload and fail. I don't think so. I need to do this NOW, while I am motivated and ready. It's been over 2 weeks since I have given up pop and most junk food. I have lost 4.5 lbs!! I have been going to the gym regularly, taking kickboxing classes, and it's wonderful. It isn't hard. I LOVE it. I don't miss pop at all, not even a little.

Quitting smoking WILL be hard. But I'm doing so well with everything else, this will keep me motivated. In a few weeks I will be able to BREATHE after kickboxing. My clothes will no longer stink! And the example I am setting for my daughter!

My husband isn't ready to quit yet. Yes, this will make it harder for me, I know. More difficult, but NOT impossible.

I am... nervous as hell, anxious, but excited and determined too.

I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!
 

7 comments:

    You're making A LOT of changes at once, and it can be very frustrating and exhausting. I think it's awesome and I wish you the best of luck on this. I'm working toward the quitting smoking myself.

     

    Yes, you CAN do this!!! I have faith in you. You will be so happy once it is all out of your system. Working out will be more enjoyable for you too! I'm so proud of you. It's going to be tough, but hang in there!

     

    Hooray for you!
    Once I was making a lot of changes at once and thought I better ride the initial enthusiasm until It burned out. Too my surprise, it never did. I just kept going. I attribute the difference to the fact that I was including nurturing myself along the way. Each week I was choosing something nurturing for myself on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels.
    Your changes are self-nurturing, so I think they will self perpetuate. XD

     

    You can do it!! Go girl!! Have you ever tried to quit before? It will be hard at first and you might tweak out a little bit for the first week or two, but after you get through that you will feel GOOD!! Keep us updated chica!!

     
    On March 6, 2010 at 7:45 PM Anonymous said...

    you are making a lot of changes, but i say if you're motivated, then go for it! even if you fail, it cant hurt to try.

    you can do this! best of luck. :)

     

    You can do it! Quitting smoking was one of the hardest things I've done... and the only way I did it was by getting pregnant.
    Good luck! Will be thinking of you tomorrow!

     

    Oh fantastic, well done! And good luck!