Step by Step (ooh baby...)

Yes, I totally titled today's blog post with a NKOTB song. SO? It's fitting. Remember my post yesterday? I think I had an o.k. first day. Not the best, but it's a start.

First of all, I have decided to take Christie's advice and try the Couch to 5k program. I've heard of this before, one of my co-workers did it. I'm pretty excited. I've been downloading music for my mp3 player, and I'm going to buy a spiffy new pair of running shoes this weekend. I might try the first few days without the running shoes, since there isn't a whole lot of running yet.

I've had a killer headache all day, and didn't start yet, but I'm going to. Either tomorrow or Thursday!

I am also going to start going to Yoga again. I haven't gone in a while, and I LOVE Yoga, but never did it consistently enough. Hopefully that will change!

I feel like I need to ween myself off of the Mountain Dew. If I quit it cold turkey, I will have massive headaches, trust me, I've tried it before. I had half a can today, but that was it! Which is amazing for me. I also had 2 cups of black coffee and... oh, yeah... a jelly donut. Well, baby steps, right?? Besides, it's Fat Tuesday, I was at my parents for breakfast and they were practically shoving it down my throat. Haha.

For lunch I had a Salad!! AND WATER! Excited about the water. I drank a whole bottle of water! I did have a chocolate covered pretzel after the salad... but only one!! I plan on drinking more water throughout the day, of course. Possible another sip or two of Mt. Dew.

I work tonight, so I will be getting my Starbucks Latte. But I am going to drink a bottle of water after, instead of the bottle of Mt. Dew I would normally drink.

For dinner, I plan on having sushi. It's super healthy, and I LOVE sushi.

I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get any exercise today, but I feel like I am making progress, and it's only day 1 after all!

As for the smoking thing, I'm not ready to tackle that just yet. But I feel like I will be ready very, very soon. I'm giving it more serious thought than I have in a long time. So that's a good sign.

I just really, really hope this headache goes away. It's a hormonal headache, probably a menstrual migraine, I get them every month and it suuuucks, because I can never find anything that works on these monsters.

Thanks everyone for your advice and encouragement!
 

9 comments:

    Yeah, I get migraines all the time, and have to drink Mt. Dew or something heavily caffeinated to deal with it. I know you don't know me, so this probably sounds kinda weird, but I am proud of you for taking control and making the first steps.

     

    You are off to a great start! Don't lose your motivation. Good job on the water!

     

    Awesome. It took me a month of doing the C25K before I got really into it and started looking forward to my runs. But the more I get into that, the less I am into eating so much crap. Everything seems to kind of fall into place. You'll look at a jelly donut, and ask yourself if you REALLY want to undo everything you did with the run you just did. It's so exciting to see you doing this. :^)

     

    congratulations! You're on your way.
    I started reading this blog lately. It's by a guy who's lost 136 pounds and needs to keep going. What I've read so far is pretty upbeat and intersting. I love that he has more to lose than me. hee hee
    http://www.344pounds.com/

     

    I nominated you for an award today. Happy 101. XD

     

    Way to go! A suggestion for you. Switch to green tea. You'll get the caffeine your body craves and anti-oxidents too.

     

    I started the C25K program in the fall, but had to stop when Mother Nature stuck her nose in :p I intend to start again when the temps are above 40 on a regular basis.

     

    Oh Man, migraines suck. I suffer from them too!

    I have know a lot of people that have had success with the c25k program. It is a good one.

    Hope the headache goes away soon!

     

    So glad I stumbled upon your blog. Love the way you write! Can't wait to hear how the 5k program goes .(I'm kinda a psycho runner myself...)