Blah, Blah, Blog.

It's days like today that make participating in NaBloPoMo hard. I have to blog every day, and it's a goal I'd like to accomplish, but some days I just don't feel like blogging. I'm tired, I had a very, very long day. I've been on the run from the time I woke up, very early I might add, until right now. And right now, I want to go to sleep! But here I am, blogging about how I don't feel like blogging, because I don't want to fail NaBloPoMo. It's all kind of silly, really.

I have not started this blog post out with any particular goal, theme, direction. Just typing to see where it goes.

I wonder why I want to blog every day. I really think this blog will help me, can be a great outlet for all the stuff that spins around and around in my head all day long. Maybe give me some new insights into myself, or just act as a place where I can vent freely. I don't blog because I think I am some great writer with a lot of profound things to teach the world, I don't do it to entertain, well not usually. I do it for myself.

But I also like the sense of community in the blogging world, I like reading other blogs and seeing those small connections we can all make. I might write something once in a while that my readers can relate to, and I read a lot of things on other blogs that I can relate to, and it's a wonderful thing, really.

There are benefits, for sure. NaBloPoMo is a way to keep me motivated, I suppose. I like challenges, sometimes. Even ones that may seem mundane to some.

Anyway, on another note, I am still doing my 365 photo project. I'm just not updating them every day. I thought that maybe once a week I will post my photos for that week. And as for my 100 books in 2010, I started late so I am only on my 2nd book. I'm currently reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I'm waiting until I'm done with the book to post my thoughts on it.

Thank you to those who recommended books to me! Some I have already read, others not. I'm getting a nice list going!

And now, sleep.
 

8 comments:

    Today was one of those 'I don't feel like blogging at all' days for me, and I did it anyway. Nablopomo....I did it last month and I'm doing it this month.
    :^)

     

    funny how you can go in to a post with nothing to say and still end up saying something...i appreciated reading about your angle on blogging and am curious about the 365 photos...one a day? also curious about the zen book as i've had friends that really liked it and friends that didn't like it at all...

     

    Well, you got yourself a nice little post out of your clear intention. XD

     

    I did NaBloPoMo in December, and days like the one you described were the hardest for me as well. It DID help me overall to write more, to write better, and is has connected me with more blogs, but let me tell you, when January came around and I felt for the first time in a month that I could take a day off... it was a sweet feeling.

     

    I have signed up for NaBloPoMo the last two month and have failed them both. Yet, I did it again this month. I like the motivation but I am okay if I fail too. Certain days living life cuts into time to blog about it.

    Btw, I took something from this blog too, so thanks for doing it.

     

    I always have started out good with NaBloPoMo, but I've yet to finish one. Since about November though I've been blogging nearly daily anyway, so I figured it was time to give it another shot. I thought about cheating on Wednesday and doing a Wordless Wednesday, but I really didn't think that counted as "blogging" in the sense of NaBloPoMo. I'm hoping I make it because like you I always feel like I have so much to get out of my head and even if no one reads it at least I've released it.

     
    On February 7, 2010 at 6:45 PM Anonymous said...

    I'm doing NaBloPoMo too! and I haven't quite gotten into that place where it's easy to post every day, or even that I want to.I have a horrible amount of writer's block, and the only way I've been able to fix it is by making my blog posts private, and then as I write new ones, making the ones from the first week of the month public. >.> Rambling over. Good luck!

     

    I totally know how you feel when it comes to not feeling like blogging! I usually try to keep a couple of draft 'anytime' posts in reserve for those occasions...but often I get caught without one and have to actually think!

    You're right about the sense of community, too. I love how people you don't even 'know' can relate to you and each other, and be so supportive. :)