Hello From Beautiful SnowBurgh!

They finally plowed our street today. A lot of roads in and around the PGH area still have not been plowed, which is just crazy! It took forever to dig out our car, shovel the huge wall of snow separating our driveway from the road, but we were finally able to leave the house today, even if it was only for a short time. We took a little ride into Monroeville to check things out. Some main roads are still nasty, some are fine. There are a TON of people without power in the region, some were told not to expect it to be restored until Friday. Friday!

Non essential government offices are closed tomorrow, schools closed, and people urged NOT to go anywhere unless it's absolutely necessary. Companies are being told to evaluate how essential it is for them to be open. The National Guard is coming! People are in shelters and "warming centers" and this whole thing is just crazy.

Read a little about it here: City of Pittsburgh | Snowstorm Emergency.

And guess what? MORE SNOW coming Tuesday and Wednesday! yay! NOT!
 

6 comments:

    Okay, come see my blog on Monday AM. I have an award for you. :^)

     

    That is just crazy! I mean, I love snow and all, but enough is enough, I would think. Luckily for me, I live in SE Texas, and we don't have this issue, just lots of rain.

     

    Wow! Looks like you guys got hit with as much snow as VA did! I hope digging out wasn't too bad for you.

     

    Send it all my way!!!! I LOVE snow and we have only had 1 day of snow this entire winter!!! I hate El Nino... we get warm and somewhat dry while the rest of the country gets storm after storm (sigh). At least we had our Snowpocalypse last year.

     
    On February 8, 2010 at 7:28 PM Anonymous said...

    I think there's something wrong with the fact that you're talking about places closing and the National Guard coming and I'm thinking "Cool! I'd love that!"
    I'm a California girl, can't you tell?

     

    I have to admit, I'm super jealous of all the snow you guys are getting. We haven't had a good snow storm in the longest time. I love winter and the snow and miss that snowed in feeling.